Alison and Greg had a Scotland Run Golf Club Wedding in Williamstown, NJ! The day could not be more beautiful for the two of them!
Scotland Run is one of my absolute favorite venus. Yes, I know, I say that about so many places, but lets be real here for one moment and talk about the luscious garden they have! Wow. Seriously, I just can’t contain my excitement for this place. It’s like a tropical oasis! It’s no wonder they chose this to be the place they tie the knot! It will forever have a magical place in their hearts.
To see their engagement session in Ocean City, NJ : CLICK HERE
Their day at Scotland Run started off, well, hot. It was a warm day but the sunshine was shining and I couldn’t be happier with these images! Alison looked breathtaking and her dress, that veil, those shoes! It was a photographers dream! She really did find the perfect dress and I am so honored to have been able to capture these memories for her.
If you have been thinking about where to get married and you are local to the area, or don’t mind going to Williamstown, NJ seriously check out having a Scotland Run Golf Club Wedding. The gardens are drop dead gorgeous and you will have the most amazing photos to share with your friends and family, and adorn your walls with!
Alison and Greg, I can’t thank you enough for trusting me with your special day, to capture these beautiful moments and share a glimpse of your lives with me. I am truly honored and love sharing these images with the world! xoxo
“You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy, when skies are gray.
You’ll never know dear, how much I love you, please don’t take… my sunshine away.
The other night dear, as I lay sleeping, I dreampt I held you in my arms.
When I awoke dear, I was mistaken, so please don’t take.. my sunshine away.
You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy, when skies are gray.
You’ll never know dear, how much I love you, please don’t take… my sunshine away.”
This is the MOST requested song I sing to my girls at night before bed. They love it. They love this song SO MUCH, they requested it be played at our wedding in September. Their exact words were, “Mommy, can you and Daddy dance with us to our own special song?” … the words that bled from my heart with total and utter love, “OMG YES, YES WHAT SONG?” So, You are my Sunshine is kind of a thing in our home.
We don’t always have good days, but we don’t always have bad days. As parents, it takes patience, stength, and at times we just need to walk away.
Children don’t always want to smile, they don’t always want their photos taken. As a photographer AND a Mom. This is super hard and has always been challenging. Our children will smile for everyone else but us. It’s just like the old saying, “The Shoemakers children have no shoes”. Yep, this photographer doesn’t have that many photos of us. We don’t always have the time to set up the tripod, the timer, and hope for a good photo. So, we drive around, pull over on the side of the road for potty breaks, we find beautiful fields of flowers. We meet farmers, and we TRY our best.
It’s not always a perfect experience, and sometimes I get upset, because I really, really just want those pretty pictures of my babies. Then I get home. I unload my cards, I preview the photos. I sit here and smile, because even though my babies didn’t cooperate THAT WELL, they’re beautiful because these photos are THEM. 100% THEM. I wouldn’t have it any other way. I look at these pictures and I smile for a few reasons. Want to know why? Well, I’m going to tell you anyway…
1. Toni doesn’t like to wear dresses. Instead, she’s wearing capri’s, a white undershirt tank top, and a tunic.
2. Gianna is wearing the dress we bought her for her preschool graduation. She will be in Kindegarden this year. This makes me so proud, and so sad for her to be growing up… so fast.
3. They both chose which bow color to wear. Their favorite colors are pink and purple. This is their individuality shining through.
4. Toni did not want to smile, all she wanted was ice cream. Her saddness was pure, the kind kids have when their biggest battle is what kind of ice cream they want, and if they will get it.
5. Gianna, lifted her hand up and played with her hair like I told her to. She is always wearing a toe ring on her pointer finger, because I gave it to her to wear to feel pretty. She felt so, so very pretty.
6. And lastly, the sunflowers were $0.50 cents, the owner of this property was selling them at a stand with a metal box for the money. His phone number was listed and said something like, “call us if you have a question, we dont bite!”. I left $5.00 in the box, and grabbed 4. I spoke with him and he said I could visit any time I’d like to take pictures in front of his flowers. He is the sweetest man, ever.
7. The girls were standing in the dirt, because they were terrified of the bee’s. Honestly, they screamed bloody murder. I explained to them they just want the pollen and that they’re trying to make honey. But you know, kids don’t listen very well, and they would NOT go back into the flowers.
8. Pink flip flops, because thats just how they roll in the summer.
9. The blurry yellow and green was Toni’s flowers that she didn’t want to hold. So I held them and made this work beautifully.
10. Last but not least, this is proof that I am able to get beautiful images of my children, even if they aren’t happy about it. It works because they’re beautiful, and nothing can ever change that. Unless of course, I have ice cream with me at the time of the shoot.
One thing I love, is when my clients trust me! One hour before sunset, is the ABSOLUTE BEST time to take pictures. Especially on the beach! You get natural, even, beautiful lighting. The sun is setting and I can control my settings PERFECTLY. It’s amazing and when everything goes perfect, my clients get beautiful photographs to print, hang on their walls and remember forever. This may be in my top favorite sessions of the season.
A HUGE THANK YOU to the Silipena family for trusting me with your memories and I hope you all love your photos as much as I do! Enjoy!
I love that I live so close to the ocean. Growing up this close has definitly spoiled me. I will probably never live anywhere else. There is just something about the way it smells, how great it is to put your toes in the sand, and breath the fresh sea air! It’s just perfect. So why not take your portraits right here on the beach? It’s the perfect excuse to get dressed up and enjoy the ocean with your family! The Santoto family came out and had an amazing summer day right here in Margate! I have never met such a happy family and look at their outfits! I am loving the blue and white!
So take a look and if you’d like to book your family portrait session on the beach, send me an email and we’ll make it happen!
I am SO excited about this summer’s boudoir marathon! Back in January we had an amazing marathon at the Chelsea Hotel in Atlantic City. I went ahead and got a suite for the night and it was PERFECT! Having the extra space to get hair and makeup done, while keeping the bed area clean and uncluttered for photos was amazing! Now, it’s summertime and what a better idea than to have a boudoir session at one of the most amazing suites ever? If you don’t know about the House of Blues Suite you are truly missing out! It’s pretty pricey but totally worth it! It has a very eclectic feel and its just perfect for a boudoir marathon! We will have pink champagne, munchies, girly music and a lot of fun! I can’t wait, it’s only in a few weeks, but its going to be EPIC!
If you’ve thought about having a boudoir session done, THIS is the time to do it! I only offer these two times a year (one winter, and one summer)!
They make the PERFECT gift for your husband, boyfriend, fiancé, or partner! (Even if you’re single, they’re super empowering and an super fun night out with friends!)
To book, email Lauren@bokehlovephotography.net
Bokeh Love Photography